Our remote learning provision, should it be required at any point, is provided through Google Classroom. All pupils have their own log in for this and we provide weekly homework using this platform to ensure children have regular practice accessing and using it.
Pupils are able to communicate with their class teacher via Google Classroom.
Parents are able to communicate with class teachers via the class emails.
Communication and learning between your child and the teachers
Assessment and feedback will be via Google Classroom and class emails. Teachers (working in year group teams) will be available from 8:30 – 4:00 for queries regarding that day’s online learning and support with any technical issues.
Teachers will make it clear which work requires submission each day. Teachers will provide comments and feedback as appropriate and it is important that children look out for and respond to this.
We have laptops available for loan for any pupils that need them. These can be acquired through the school office.
Other information and online resources available:
Children should have individual log-ins and follow the instructions on their class blogs.
Children should have reading books. Read and answer the questions below:
- Write a letter from one character in the story to another character. What are the characters thinking and feeling?
- Re-write the start of the story in a different time. You could write the story in the future or the past. How would the characters and setting be different?
- Draw and label a character or a setting from a description in the book.
- What is your favourite part of the story? Can you explain why? Give at least three reasons.
- Write a list of 5 questions you would like to ask the author about writing the book. You could ask why they wrote the story or why did they choose certain characters? Why did they choose certain words or phrases?
We will post spellings on the class bogs each week with a range of activities to complete.
- Dictionary work – find the definition of each word
- Write a sentence containing each word showing understanding of the word’s meaning
- Spelling pyramids
- Handwriting – write a full line of each spelling, using cursive writing if possible.
BBC bite size has schemes of work for the children to follow in most curriculum areas.