At West Rise, we grow sports enthusiasts who…
- know how to stay fit and healthy
- learn behaviour and attitudes that will benefit them throughout school life and beyond
- understand the benefits of exercise
PE (Physical education) classes introduce children to a broad range of activities.
Children learn how to enjoy staying fit, healthy and active and have fun!
They learn to win and lose, work as a team and show sportsmanship. Gradually they improve their performance and learn to compete.
PE develops the whole child. Through PE and sport our children also develop their:
- thinking and decision-making skills
- confidence and self-esteem
- character and resilience.
Download our PE progression document for more on the knowledge and skills pupils learn each term (33 pages).